View all resources
How to Post a Sublet Listing
Step 1: Create an Account
- Click Sign Up to get started and select the AU Students account option.
- Complete the Member Registration form. Note: The email address you provide must end with @american.edu.
Step 2: Create a Sublet Listing
- On the My Account page, click Add a New Listing. Note: You can now post 1 free listing with your AU Student account.
- A Notice will display, stating that all listings located in Washington, DC require proof of a Basic Business License (BBL). This requirement does not apply to AU students posting a sublet listing, so please disregard and click the Continue button.
- Begin typing the exact property address and choose the best option that appears in the list below. Note: The exact address is required, but you may choose not to display the exact address on your listing.
- The first page of the Listing Edit Form is titled Location. Scroll down and be sure to complete all the required fields marked with an asterisk (*).
- The menu on the left highlights the page of the Listing Edit Form that you are on. Each page has a progress bar, indicating if there are still required fields to complete. Once all the required fields on a page are complete, a check mark will display in place of the progress bar.
- Continue working through each page of the Listing Edit Form, providing details about your sublet. Note: You will not be able to save & continue to the next page until all required fields on a page are complete.
- On the Specifics page, be sure the check the following boxes:
- This property allows subletting.
- Listing is for a sublet.
- Also on the Specifics page, be sure to enter the Start & End dates when your place will be available for sublet under the Availability section. Please select whether or not the lessee will have the option to renew at the end of the sublet period. Note: If you are unsure, select Unknown.
- We encourage you to add photos to your listing. On the Photos page, simply drag & drop a photo into the highlighted box, or click inside the box to select a photo from your files.
- Once all the pages and required fields of the Listing Edit Form are complete, click Preview to view your listing.
- If you are satisfied with your sublet listing, select Active from the status dropdown menu to post your listing on the site.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, contact our Customer Relations team at 877-895-1234 or email@example.com.